segunda-feira, setembro 24, 2007

Well done, Euclid

I had to get this praising session started, much because I absolutely feel every word I am about to say.

Lisbon's Euclid Workshop - Leadership for a New Europe: The Third Sector Solution - was a smashing success, especially because it revealled Portuguese stakeholders' weakenesses and general - or, should I say, beyond rational explanation - fear of any networking or innovation attempt. It also showed how the Government still has an enormous amount of learning to undergo before we reach the dynamics and quality service-oriented culture of the Third Sector as it operates in many other European countries.

Still organizations such as CIDESC (http://www.esc-rights.org/) proved to be innovative and assertive in the views shared with a very challenging audience, and in the recommendations offered to create a vibrant Portuguese Third Sector.
I am now an optimist. And the way ahead is promising.