sábado, setembro 29, 2007

Words of wisdom

Outside is raining. That kind of rain not heavy enough to keep you home the entire weekend, but still irrestibly inviting to profit from the home's warmth and comfort.

I make myself some coffee.
I now drink it with cinnamon. A cinnamon stick adds my coffee character and intensity. It adds notes of brown to its natural darkness. No sugar added.

Too bad I don't have a fireplace. I would light it even if outside is more than 20 degrees. Just for the pleasure of the flame.

Unable to have fire, I lay on the sofa.

I incidently stumble into these wise words:

"It is well to be a gentleman, it is well to have a cultivated intellect, a delicate taste, a candid, equitable dispassionate mind, a noble and corteous bearing in the conduct of life - these are the connatural qualities of a large knowledge (...)".
|John Henry Cardinal Newman, 1854|

May I always be able to pursue them. End of rainy saturday afternoon thought. (with coffee).



|"Afernoon Coffee Break"| Herman Pekel | 2001